TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues

I'm going through a really tough break up and I'm just

Customer Question

I'm going through a really tough break up and I'm just looking for some sort of guidance or some form of answers to help me proceed.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 month ago.

How can I help?

I am unable to provide a call, but will opt out so somebody else can support you with a call.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Oh, okay. Thank you.

Wishing you the best.

Expert:  Therapist Leslie replied 1 month ago.

Good evening and thank you so much for your message. I realize it's difficult to reach out. Please know I honor your courage.

My name is ***** ***** I am a psychotherapist in the Metro Boston area.

Just wanted to check in and see if I can assist you? I cannot provide a call until a little bit later in the day and if you would like to schedule one, please let me know. I can also assist you through this site. Which would be more comfortable for you?

Warm regards,

Therapist Leslie

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello! Thank you for the reply. This site will be fine!

I'm so sorry you are in the middle of what sounds like a horrible break-up. It sounds incredibly painful. Please tell me a little bit about your situation.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well it's a little difficult and complicated and it might not come out right over a written message. About two weeks ago my boyfriend of three years dumped me and it was very sudden. He told me he needed space and time to make his own decisions and that he couldn't make anyone happy anymore. He cried and told me he didn't deserve me and that the time we spent together was the best of his life. It didn't sound final and so I thought after some time maybe we could talk and try and work things out so I left him alone. After two weeks, he posts this picture with this girl that he used to like but left for me. I confronted him and told him it would've been nice to at least wait a little while before he posted pictures of this girl out of respect for the three years we spent together. He got very dismissive and almost tried to turn it on me like I was crazy, saying things like that I was jumping to conclusions and assuming. Then I asked him flat out if he still loved me and he said if he did, we'd still be together. So I guess I'm not sure what's happening because talking to him now is like talking to a completely different person. He's never been this mean or cold before and I'm not sure what I should do to help the relationship if it were to someday be fixed.