TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach

I've been in a relationship with this with girl for 7 months

Customer Question

I've been in a relationship with this with girl for 7 months now. It was going well we were going to move in together, but she has this room mate that doesn't pay anything. So I said I don't want to live with the room mate being there at first she said she would tell him to move out but when the deadline came she just expected me to move in with the both of them. I told her I wont make that jump until it's just her and I living there. The second problem is she is always the victim. can't handle any critisim with out getting angry and defensive. so my problems and concerns are always pushed to the side, cause she always is have some problem. I always drive her to work every day and pick her up. i dont feel appreciated. should i keep trying to talk to her about it or give up? every time i do talk it becomes her making excuses and getting angry so is there another way to approach this? i love her and im not ready to let go but i want a equal partnership. please help
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Relationship
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 month ago.

I am not able to provide a call now but am happy to continue here. Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Taking here is fine thank you very much

I am sorry to hear all of this...sometimes the love and care can be there but the fit in how you communicate and connect can be off and it may sound like you will bump into this with her over and over again unless she is able to be more open to better communication and hear how you feel, when you feel it.

Does that mean you bolt? No, I don't think so but maybe a different kind of conversation needs to take place where you let her know what your needs are around communication and being heard and also feeling that things are more mutual than they are now. Let's see if she can respond to you and then you can make a decision as to whether this is right for you moving forward. And maybe moving in isn't the right thing yet at this stage.