Therapist Leslie
Therapist Leslie, Counselor
Experience:  Owner and Psychotherapist at Self-Employed, Private Practice

Been married for 36 years we moved in to his parents house

Customer Question

hi been married for 36 years we moved in to his parents house from a little place in back is when i began to drink for energy my daughter had baby now 3 they think I am a amazon lady now my husband is emotionally attached not for sure but he limited all of mine so yeah intution tells me somethings wrong he cut me from all finaces and hes the nices person in front of peoplke and to me but i love you babe but he gets outside stupid bitch. I am devestated about 6 myhs ago i was so overwhelmed i said i had to go to teach my daughter a lesson to get home i could not be full time he insisted it was him i was leaving and a girl in the hood nearby he got friends with well thats that now im being totured i feel likew he does not give a crap about me crying or anything 36 years oh im sick
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: what is my next move because im tired of grasping
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Therapist Leslie replied 2 months ago.

Good evening and thank you so much for your message. I realize it's difficult to reach out. Please know I honor your courage.

My name is ***** ***** I am a psychotherapist in the Metro Boston area.

I am so sorry things feel overwhelming. It sounds like there are many layers of things going on and I imagine you are completely at a loss of what to do.

I sounds like there is a massive divide between you and your husband. Have you sat down and spoken with him? Have you told him you are invested in the relationship but feel incredible distance and are unsure as to why he cut you out of the finances? Perhaps you say something along these lines....

"Honey, I love you deeply and want so badly to have a strong relationship with you. Right now, I feel there have been many changes and feel I have been shut out. I am now fearful of our relationship falling apart and want to re-connect with you. Can you please tell me what you are feeling? Why are you distant and cutting me out of our finances? I love you and want to make this work."

I don't ask this in judgement but highly recommend you work on your drinking as this can cause any relationship to dissolve. Are there any resources where you are? Any AA meetings? Therapy groups? If so, please begin attending them so you are in the best place possible.

Please reach out for the help you need. Is there a therapist in the area you can meet with? This would allow you a safe place to discuss your feelings and figure out a long term plan.

Have I answered your question? Is there anything else I can do to assist you further? I want to ensure you are pleased with my service. I also gently request you provide a star rating for me. Of course, we can continue to talk after the rating is provided.

Please take good care of yourself and feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Warm regards,

Therapist Leslie

Expert:  Therapist Leslie replied 1 month ago.

Good evening,

I just wanted to check in as I haven't heard from you. Do you have any further questions for me? If so, please feel free to drop me a line.

I also gently request you provide a star rating for me so I may be compensated.

Please take good care and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Warm regards,

Therapist Leslie