TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

I have a talking to girl from 5 months and we come in

Customer Question

I have a talking to girl from 5 months and we come in relationship in june and in july she started backing off. I asked reason she said she dont want to keep relation and said that she and me will hurt after some time and she have a past experience with her x bf. But me and her are still talking and meeting to each other. Recently i planed to get to gether with my group of friends and she liked it. I am not forcing her to get in relation but i feel for her and i want to make love with her, recently i talked with my friends two of female colleague know her and they say that dont go upto marriage now and they say u will get better than her and really insight like her very much, she dont show know that much interest when we got in june. We didnt come in physical contact like kissing. We talk each other everyday on chat and i meet her 3 times in a month. Let me know what to do ahead.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 3 months ago.

I know it is difficult because you care for her and want more with her, but it doesn't sound like she shares these same feelings. She may feel friendship for you but not the next level of physical connection or have the desire to be in a relationship. If she wants to spend time as friends with you and that works for you then do that and it is possible that she could develop more feelings, but keep in mind that she began backing away from anything more serious rather quickly after meeting. So, while I understand you feel strongly for her, she might not share that feeling. Hard to hear, I know, but at this point let things play out and see where it goes. Nothing can be forced so if she doesn't have an interest, respecting her feelings is a must.