TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

My husband left me for another woman - but initially didn't

Customer Question

My husband left me for another woman - but initially didn't want a divorce - he was spending all our money on the gf so I started a financial settlement - he got so angry he filed for divorce to teach me a lesson! he left me has th gf and new life but says he hates meso much - I don't know what I have done or how to cope
JA: This sounds like a can of worms I'm glad not to have to open. The Psychologist will do a great job for you. Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: he seems to have lost interest in our boys as well and is drinking a ot - I get that the marriage is over - but why the deep resentment - I have given him his space - told him I still love but will let him go
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 3 months ago.
I'm so sorry to hear of this pain and struggle for you. It sounds to me like he's been going through something within himself, reached out for the other girlfriend and is treating his whole family poorly in the process. You have done all that you can in terms of reaching out to him, letting him know that you love him, and it is ok that you were trying to put things into place for yourself. His deep resentment being projected onto you is probably more of a reflection how he is feeling about himself and his life at this time. His drinking and having a girlfriend and acting out to teach you a lesson indicates that things are going on for him and he is not doing a great job in handling them. Focus on yourself now and your boys and hopefully in time and with some space he will be able to come back and at least have a relationship with his boys.