TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach

I had a relationship with a girl for about 6 years but we

Customer Question

Hi,i had a relationship with a girl for about 6 years but we had issues in the relationship which has been affecting us,though all was caused by me but i was so hard on her and lately she broke up with me which i didn't expect,never saw that coming,after so many begs she insisted for us to move on which i did for about 2 months but in between she still calls me and still insisted she should move on but she says she misses me sometimes,right now am more in love with her and want her back,its about 5 months break now. could you please help?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear of your pain. I am glad you are able to look at things and see where you needed to make some changes. I know you want to hear from me that I think she will come back, but I am not sure because I feel it would have happened already when she has seen your changes. I would go to her once again...maybe in an email and let her know you love her, care for her, and will do what it takes to build things with her again. If she maintains that she wants to move on then sadly it will be time that you try to heal and move forward.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok thank you for the response, the changes she talked about was about a week ago she noticed this changes,another thing is when we talk on phone once awhile she always like to talk but when ever i ask if she's already in a relationship its either she says NO or its not nesscaary, days ago when i asked her,she made this statement "Not necessary,we face the problem and solve it"
about a week ago in some of our conversation,she said i sound so nice now and hope when things gets better she hopes i wont change.just actually confused.really.

Since you are not together she does not need to tell you whether she is involved with someone else. I know how hard that has to be for you. She may see your changes and like how they sound but she may just not be ready to come back...maybe at some point, but I don't hear that now. It is confusing because she says these nice things and I know she feels them, but it may not mean she wants to be back together. Keep working on yourself and hopefully she will miss all of you and want to be back.

Keep being strong and maybe as she feels safe with your changes she will desire to return.

Let me know if I can support you further...if all good for now, please take a moment to click on the rating tab to rate my support. I wish you well and hope it all turns out well for you.