Therapist Leslie
Therapist Leslie, Counselor
Experience:  Owner and Psychotherapist at Self-Employed, Private Practice

My husband works away 5 days a week.its not a great

Customer Question

My husband works away 5 days a week.its not a great marriage, he recently had a comment on his face book page it was offensive. He would not deal with it. After a week I did I got a back lash from another work mate( other comment was a work mate to) my family friends saw this he has done nothing to defend me saying it's my fault !! We are splitting up over all of this!! Could this be they have something on him. As this is not normal for him to not respond not even in a joke sort of way. He is also being to accommodating about me leaving
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: Well he has adhd and that's been hard to live with hence the poor marriage
Category: Relationship
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
He has never had medicine for adhd as its not been reconised here only by a private doctor
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Therapist Leslie replied 3 months ago.

Good evening and thank you so much for your message. I realize it's difficult to reach out. Please know I honor your courage.

My name is ***** ***** I am a psychotherapist in the Metro Boston area of the United States.

I am so sorry to hear about the break-up of your marriage. I agree...this is a rather odd situation...him having the relationship break up over this. I want to ensure I understand your situation he posted something on Facebook that was offensive, refused to take it down, then you took it down for him and he left the relationship because of this?

Can I ask a few questions about your relationship in general....? How long had you and your husband been together? How old are you? Have you been in regular contact since he left? Are either one of you moving forward with a formal separation or divorce?

Again, my apologies for all of the questions. I want to fully understand your question.

Thank you so much.

Warm regards,

Therapist Leslie

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi we have not broken up yet ! A work friend put an offensive comment on face book my husband didn't want to respond back. I did respond the person gave a one line comment back. Then another work friend started to comment and my husband did nothing. It's odd he's not person not to ! I am asking if the friends have a secret or anything on my husband ? As he won't block them on face book, he's blaming me, I am saying it's been a poor marriage and he has adhd, i have not left yet but he's being very accomadating to me about leaving. What is going on I am 62 together for 13 years

Good morning and thank you so much for your message and clarification. My apologies for not fully understanding initially.

Sadly I am not able to do a phone call at the moment but would like to respond further to your questions.

Yes, I agree, I find it strange that he allowed offense comments to stay on his FB page and did not respond to them or block the individuals writing them. I'm curious about his relationship to the individuals who posted these comments? I certainly don't think this is normal and am completely baffled that he is blaming this on you! You have nothing to do with this at all and this is hardly a reason to walk away from a 13 year marriage. This behavior is not normal.

It seems he is looking for an excuse to walk away from the marriage, claiming he's been unable for quite some time. Do you still love your husband? Do you want things between the two of you to be better? Do you believe he wants and is willing to make some changes? Would he go to couples counseling by chance? Even if, in the long run, the two of you decide to part ways, your relationship deserves some closure and clarity around what happened.

Have I answered your question? Is there anything else I can do to assist you further? I want to ensure you are pleased with myservice. I also gently request you provide a star rating for me. Of course, we can continue to talk after the rating is provided.

Please take good care of yourself and feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Warm regards,

Therapist Leslie

Expert:  Therapist Leslie replied 2 months ago.

Good evening, I hope you are well. Just wanted to check in as I have not received a rating from you as of yet To me this means you may have another question.Please let me know – I am simply touching base. Thanks!

Warm regards,

Therapist Leslie