TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

I am trying to figure out what I am doing with a male

Customer Question

Hi, I am trying to figure out what I am doing with a male colleague of mine.
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.
Customer: We work in the same firm and were first introduced by another colleague. He was never too friendly to me even though I was. I was a bit offended by his approach initially because oftentimes, he'd come to my office clearly hoping to talk but would just say offensive things. But we'd go out one on one from time to time and he'd be very nice. Although he never showed any romantic interest, I think.
JA: Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: Then, we actually went on a trip together. It was also a bit strange. I think we like each other but we're both too scared of showing any interest. And I don't know how to manage this relationship because I hope he can show more interest, but I know I haven't shown enough interest either.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  CounselorJules replied 5 months ago.

Good morning. I am happy to assist. It sounds like there is a bit of insecurity in both ends on how to move forward. Do you feel that it would be too inappropriate to move forward with him and just be specific? Maybe saying to him, "I am curious about how you feel about how things have been going. I know we are colleagues, but also friends, and I believe that friendship is a good foundation for building. Would you like to possibly go out for dinner or drinks, not just as friends, or colleagues, but as adults interested in one another?"