TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

My girlfriend of 2 1/2yrs just moved out 2 wks ago. We never

Customer Question

My girlfriend of 2 1/2yrs just moved out 2 wks ago. We never really had a fight in that time, yes a few disagreements but no real fight. First off she is 26 with one daughter Im 40 w/ 3 daughters. They got along pretty good for the most part each of them have said some things in a heated argument that none of them really meant. The biggest issue seems to be she didn't feel like that was their home since we was already living there and there really wasn't enough room but we made the best of it, and she want another baby.
I have told her many times that I have no problem moving to town she wanted to live in. We have looked at houses and land to buy and build on but nothing really happened. also I told her that I was willing to have another child her... she doesn't believe me. and kept saying she doesn't want to make me do anything I don't want to do. when she left she said she needs to focus on her and her daughter right now. I treated her like she was my own. I guess im lost I don't know what to do. when she left I ask if we could try this again when she got settled in a diff. place (right now she is at her sisters). she said im not going to say yes but definitely not going to say no.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 11 months ago.

It sounds like you are a very loving, willing and flexible man and have done a lot to have her feel like it is a union of two families. I think she is dealing with some of her own personal issues of trust and playing them out with you and in the relationship. I hear how hurt you are and I completely understand....As hard as it is to give her this space, I think she has left you no choice but to give her this space and time and it may work in your favor...she will be able to miss you and long for the closeness and sense of family for all of you. I know your desire will be to reach out and find houses as you have mentioned, but I don't think that will get you where you need to go and it could push her further away and desiring more space. So for now, you must live your life and hope and pray that she is able to figure things out for herself and desire to be back with you.

I am here to hear your thoughts

Can I support you further?