CounselorJules
CounselorJules, Counselor
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor
92608932

I have been talking to this guy I really ended up liking ...

Customer Question

Hi I have been talking to this guy I really ended up liking for months ... We finally met in person and everything went well it seemed ... He laughed smiled at me alot even acted as if he didnt want to leave the date .. He was touchy and tickled me held my hand and gave me a big long linger hug at the end ... I was pretty sure everything went well but he was going crabbing with his friends the next day didnt hear from him so I texted him and asked about how it went he took a while to answer me so I asked if he was interested still and he said yes ... Now Im te first one to text and he answers most of the time... I don't know what to do to get him to ask me out again or if he's even that into now... Should I back off for a week or so see if he comes to me ?... I've done that before and he has .., I don't know what to do
Category: Relationship
Expert:  CounselorJules replied 4 months ago.
Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you.
I wonder if he was simply just as anxious as you were and he was waiting for you to text him. It's hard to tell sometimes isn't it?! Relationships work best when we go ahead and establish boundaries in the beginning. So, if you would prefer that he text you, drop a line that says something like "hey, give me a call tonight about tomorrow, or hey, can you text me in the morning?" Slowly condition him to texting first. I think if you completely cut him off, he may no longer feel that you are interested. So, just ease him into a bit. Or.... Be more direct and say "gosh, I feel like I always text you first, would you feel better about taking the lead more on your own?" Then you can get his opinion on it. Some guys like when a girl texts first because there is less pressure on them! So, maybe try asking him. Then little "hey, text me in the morning" types of texts should do the trick to get him used to initiating 🙂

I just wanted to follow up with you and ensure that you were able to read the messages that I sent previously and ask if I can further support you somehow :)

Thanks, Jules