Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
14666028

I've been in a relationship year. My mom won't acknowledge

Customer Question

I've been in a relationship for one year. My mom won't acknowledge my partner as my boyfriend or even the fact that I'm in a relationship and continues to try to set me up with men. What can I do? It's so hurtful.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.

Hi. In the Flinstones, Wilma mother never liked Fred, there is tons of exemple like that. Sometime they don't like how they look or their friends or their jobs etc... Mothers (and fathers) often want to live their live trough their kids so they have a second chance of being more happy than they are or finally get to live a hidden dream.

Often (and specially in the case of a Mother), establishing a familly with kids eventually calm things. There is perhaps the opposite at play, she might want to have you for herself as some fear getting old alone and she might want you to stay single for that purpose.