TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach

Ok I just recently started talking to this guy and i really

Customer Question

Ok I just recently started talking to this guy and i really like him a lot and we are basically the same person. All my friends tell me he likes me too based on certain subtle things he does but there is one major red flag! HIS EX... she texts him and calls him all the time and he replies... he told her about me and she knows we are seeing each other but she still calls him all the time and she's flying down in a couple of weeks... we've talked about it and he knows the entire situation bothers me but i don't know what to do.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 3 months ago.

Hi. I know how upsetting this may be, but try and remember how recent this is for both of you and so both of you come with a past of ex's and friends, etc. You both like each other and that is established. I would try as best you can to trust what he says and trust what you are both beginning to feel for one another and let things play out. If he wanted to be with her he rely on the fact that they aren't together. If you bolt now, then you lose the opportunity to ever really see if things could have developed more deeply. Stay the course, trust him and yourself and let things be without threatening to stop seeing him as that doesn't get you what you want and that is to be with him and see where this is going.

Let me know if I can support you further. If all good for now, please click on the rating tab to rate my support. Thanks so much in advance.