Therapist Leslie
Therapist Leslie, Counselor
Experience:  Owner and Psychotherapist at Self-Employed, Private Practice

My ex dumped me then started sleeping with her new boyfriend

Customer Question

My ex dumped me then started sleeping with her new boyfriend 3 days later in the same bed I was in 3 days prior.I had been allowed to stay at her parents house the entire time we were together when her parents found out her new boyfriend was staying at there home overnight they told her he could no longer stay there overnight we had been together for 8 yrs and she has two kids 12 and 17 her new boyfriend has two kids 5 and
Six and he is outta a relationship of 6yrs what are the chances there both in a rebound relationship and what are my chances of getting her back if at all.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Therapist Leslie replied 4 months ago.

Good evening and thank you so much for your message. I realize it's difficult to reach out. Please know I honor your courage.

My name is ***** ***** I am a psychotherapist in the Metro Boston area.

Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear what you have been through. I can't even imagine how difficult this must be for you and the children involved. No doubt, you are incredibly hurt.....especially considering the longevity of your relationship. I imagine she has quickly moved on as a way of avoiding the pain of the ending of the relationship you shared. Sadly, the pain will be felt even more intensely when she chooses to deal with it.

I absolutely agree that they are both engaging in a rebound relationship--which, truly has little chance for a healthy future. I imagine it might be short-lived.

If the two of you do find your way back together, I would suggest to take things very slowly as it will be a challenge to trust she will not hurt you again. There is no rush either. I would also recommend couples counseling should a relationship with her be considered in the future.

In the meanwhile, please be gentle with yourself. This is incredibly difficult and no doubt, has left you drained.

Have I answered your question? Is there anything else I can do to assist you further? I want to ensure you are pleased with my service. I also gently request you provide a star rating for me. Of course, we can continue to talk after the rating is provided.

Please take good care of yourself and feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Warm regards,

Therapist Leslie

Good morning, Mike.

I hope you are well. Just wanted to check in as I have not received a rating from you as of yet To me this means you may have another question. Please let me know – I am simply touching base. Thanks!

Warm regards,

Therapist Leslie