CounselorJules, Counselor
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor

My ex gf of 8 yrs dumped me 38 days ago and started a new

Customer Question

My ex gf of 8 yrs dumped me 38 days ago and started a new relationship with another guy she had blocked me then 2 weeks later she unblocked me then give days later blocked me again I've seen her about ten times in the lastweek because she and her new boyfriend is staying in a motel not even a mile from where I live what could this mean
Category: Relationship
Expert:  CounselorJules replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon Mike. My name is ***** ***** I hope that I am able to assist you today. It sounds like you have had a really tough break up and I apologize for what you are going through. I know it is not easy to process these feelings and I commend you for reaching out for support.

I think that her actions are a bit odd. I am wondering if she blocked you initially because she did not want you to see what she was up to, but then maybe she became curious about you. Sounds like she wanted to either check up on you or she wanted you to check up on her. I would think that she would have better boundaries than to stay with someone so closely to where you live. I imagine that is really frustrating. 8 years is a long time to be in a relationship and 38 days is not usually long enough to be fully prepared to begin a new relationship, especially a healthy one. It sounds also like you may be receiving an opportunity to see that she has moved on because it may be clear, that as much as it hurts, you may have to look at rebuilding your life too. Is there part of you that wonders if she is intentionally seeing you or trying to make you jealous? That could be part of her behaviors, but I think that her actions show a disrespect toward you and it may be time for you to set some healthy boundaries to focus on yourself.....

I am not sure if you were able to view my previous answer, I wanted to also ask you what your goal was? Are you hoping to reconnect or possibly get over the relationship right now?

I just wanted to follow up and check on you. How have you been doing with everything that is going on? Any contact with her or new happenings?