TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach

My bf of 2 yrs broke up with me on the day we were to move

Customer Question

My bf of 2 yrs broke up with me on the day we were to move in. We hardly fought and in all honesty went so well together. There were no signs and I waa in shock as well as everyone else. After speaking with hos sister he apparently had beefed up a bunch of stories like where he worked and where he lived just to impress me. She said that he is embarrassed of what he has and his family. I have text him once a day that I love him but he does not answer. He doesn't know that i know. How long should i wait before I tell him and why would he do this? If I'm willing to work it out, will his pride even allow this?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry for your pain and also for his shame getting in the way of a beautiful relationship. I would send him a loving email and let him know that you love him for him..not what he has or doesn't have and none of that matters. The only thing that matters is the two of you and what you have built together. You understand his pride and will do what you can to support him, except giving up the love between the two of you.

There is no way to know if his pride will allow him to hear it and respond, but I believe always in expressing yourself and he can either come to you or not...but I don't hear that you can move forward without at least expressing how you feel for him and what is truly important

Let me know your thoughts.

I haven't heard back from you but I am here if you need more support. If all good for now, please take a moment to click on the rating tab to rate my support. Thanks so much in advance and I am here if you need me.