CounselorJules, Counselor
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor

I am in love with my sister in law from my sister's

Customer Question

I am in love with my sister in law from my sister's marriage. The first time we meet she joked and said I am your future wife. I meet her years later at my sister's wedding. I fantasized about her and she ended up being even better then that fantasy we have spent almost everyday with each other for past a year or so. We have talked about dating but we both decided to stay friends till a later date we are each other's best friend quite frankly I can just not do with out her and she feels the same way. So we decided we will date at some point but when we do it will be intense. Because if we break up we have to still be friends I see her every holiday and have the same nephews.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  CounselorJules replied 5 months ago.

Honestly, I think if you guys have an understanding of the dynamics and boundaries associated with the relationship, the risk is worth taking. I think you just have to keep in mind that a lot is at stake if you guys date and things don't work out. It sounds like you will just have to agree to understand that you will always be connected and have to focus on maintaining a respect for one another. It sounds like there has always been a soul connection between you and I would hate to hear you missed out on that because you worried about others' opinions or you worried about the "what if's" rather than nurturing the relationship. It sounds like there has a been a healthy natural progression in the relationship and the risk is worth definitely worth it. Are you afraid of communicating this with others?

Expert:  CounselorJules replied 4 months ago.

Im happy to follow up with you and continue processing if necessary. Please let me know how to further assist you.
Otherwise, Please let me know what you think of the answer and if you feel that it has been helpful, provide a positive rating as this is the only way in which experts receive credit for the answers given! Thanks, Jules