TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

I am into a realtionship and its inter religion. I am a

Customer Question

Hi... I am into a realtionship and its inter religion. I am a hindu girl and the guy is from islam. At the beginning I was not ready for conversion but i love him so much that I got ready for that. Though there were some things which me and my boyfriend have sorted. We had many times breakups because of our different nature.But we both cannot live without each other. So we always come up with a solution to deal with.He is very caring and I am his priority always n for me as well he is the priority but my nature is i cannot say no to a friend or anyone if they request a lot. Thats where the problem lies. I went to a pub for my colleagues farewell n he didnt like me going to pub with 6 guys n me as alone girl. I couldnt say no because they requested a lot and i was not aware that he didnt like me gng to pub.I am ready to adjust these things but I want to know is it right to do everything for him be it i dont think its wrong.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 6 months ago.
Because of the different cultures and values around these kinds of issues it becomes a matter of whether you desire to make these changes and if you really can in the long run. In your culture it is absolutely fine to go to the pub but in his, it may not be, so are you willing and able to make those changes for a lifetime?
Let me know your thoughts.