Therapist Leslie
Therapist Leslie, Counselor
Experience:  Owner and Psychotherapist at Self-Employed, Private Practice
94172775

Yesterday I had the worst experience. I was at my girlfriend's

Customer Question

Yesterday I had the worst experience. I was at my girlfriend’s house before going to rehearsal. As I was leaving my girlfriend kissed me on the lips and I left. I thought everything was fine. Then I received a text from her a few hours later saying that when she kissed me and was releasing, that I resisted, holding her close. I was not aware that I did that. She said I clinched her. I know for a fact that I did not. Anyway, she is now distant and feeling “some kind of way”. It went from a good relationship to stone cold in an instant. I don’t know what to do. I feel helpless. Nothing I say or do is good enough.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Therapist Leslie replied 8 months ago.
I'm sorry you are going through this. I'm wondering if there is something else going on for her? Does she feel overwhelmed by the relationship? Does she have a history of abuse that somehow became triggered? Perhaps give her a day or two and revisit....stating once again it was not your intention to clinch her and that you are sorry she felt you did.
Good evening, I just wanted to check in and see if I can assist you further. I want to ensure you get the information you are seeking. Also, can I gently suggest you provide a rating for me so I can be paid. Of course, we can still talk after your rating. I want to ensure you are o.k. Warm regards, Leslie