Therapist Leslie
Therapist Leslie, Counselor
Experience:  Owner and Psychotherapist at Self-Employed, Private Practice
94172775

Yesterday I had the worst experience. I was at my girlfriend's

Customer Question

Yesterday I had the worst experience. I was at my girlfriend’s house before going to rehearsal. As I was leaving my girlfriend kissed me on the lips and I left. I thought everything was fine. Then I received a text from her a few hours later saying that when she kissed me and was releasing, that I resisted, holding her close. I was not aware that I did that. She said I clinched her. I know for a fact that I did not. Anyway, she is now distant and feeling “some kind of way”. It went from a good relationship to stone cold in an instant. I don’t know what to do. I feel helpless. Nothing I say or do is good enough.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Therapist Leslie replied 11 months ago.
I'm sorry you are going through this. I'm wondering if there is something else going on for her? Does she feel overwhelmed by the relationship? Does she have a history of abuse that somehow became triggered? Perhaps give her a day or two and revisit....stating once again it was not your intention to clinch her and that you are sorry she felt you did.
Good evening, I just wanted to check in and see if I can assist you further. I want to ensure you get the information you are seeking. Also, can I gently suggest you provide a rating for me so I can be paid. Of course, we can still talk after your rating. I want to ensure you are o.k. Warm regards, Leslie