CounselorJules, Counselor
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor

Why does females always get accused of cheating on their significant

Customer Question

Why does females always get accused of cheating on their significant other?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  CounselorJules replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I think that this is an interesting question. I am not sure if men or women get accused of this more often. I have tendency to believe that women may be accused because people mistake politeness as flirting. It comes back to societal views that women have been treated as sexual objects in the past and some people have continued to oppress women as such. I'm a firm believer that our inner beliefs and esteem levels are revealed by how we treat others. I think "what Jack says about Jill says more about Jack than Jill." Basically, that suggests that our actions toward others reveal more about our character and beliefs about others.
Just wanted to follow up and ask you to provide a positive rating so that credit can be received for the answer given if you felt that it was helpful. A positive rating does not mean that our communication on the topic has to cease :) Thanks, Jules