TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

I think my wife is lying about sleeping with a friend of hers

Customer Question

I think my wife is lying about sleeping with a friend of hers from high school. she says nothing happened and swore on it. however I am not getting a bit of attention from her. she doesn't initiated kisses etc. I feel like shes just going through the motions to buy time.
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: I know something is wrong she is not loving to me yet. we had an argument low key and much was discussed. I wasn't a good husband all the time but never cheated. she was trying to counsel and old friend who was having problems but started having feelings for him. Initially she said it was her going to his house 2 or 3 times but shed been talking to him for 2 months off and on. I want to believe her but the lack of attention and no physical contact with me is weird at best. I think she cheated and feels guilty letting me back in to her heart.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. ARUN PHOPHALIA replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome,I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.What is your and your wife's age?Do you have any direct evidence (text, photo, call recording about the intimate relationship)?Have you discussed the reason of lack of sex and her change in behavior?