TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach

I quite regularly dream about this guy I liked in highschool

Customer Question

I quite regularly dream about this guy I liked in highschool a few years ago. At one point I think he liked me but that was even longer ago and he never told me or acted on it. He was more popular than me at school so therefore we never spoke much. The last time I saw him was 4 or so years ago and he saw me in HMV and said "hello" and walked off. I am wanting to message him on facebook but first of all Im worried because he is still friends with people from that school and he was more popular, also worried he will laugh at me and Ill be rejected or ignored. Also he just might find it strange that Im messaging him.i doubt he has ever thought about me apart from last night when I wrote happy birthday on his wall. Im not really sure how to approach this. Any ideas?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 5 months ago.
You can keep it casual and light. Hoping all is well in your life and that you had a great birthday. It would be fun to catch up. Talk soon.That way, it opens the door to further communication but also leaves it light so that if he isn't interested it is no big deal. I know it is hard to feel worried about rejection but if he doesn't respond it may have nothing to do with you, but you may also be pleasantly surprised if he does. If you don't try then surely you will never know...