CounselorJules, Counselor
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor

I have been with this man about 16yrs now he don't pay me any

Customer Question

I have been with this man about 16yrs now he don't pay me any attention he have his own place n I have mind and we have a son together n I luv him all of my heart
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Anything else I can tell the Psychologist before I connect you two?
Customer: I really think he is seeing sum one else
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  CounselorJules replied 6 months ago.
If you don't mind, tell me a little bit more about your concerns. What signs are you receiving that he may be seeing someone else other than what feels like he is not paying any attention?I am curious if you feel that you can talk to him openly about your concerns? Have you mentioned to him something like, "I know that we have been together for 16 years, we have a child, and although we live in separate homes, I feel lie we are a family. I know we don't have a marriage commitment, but in my eyes, we do. I have felt that there has been some distance between us and I would really like to focus on how we can be closer to one another. I love you with all of my heart and I cannot imagine being with anyone else and I hope that you feel that way too. I have been feeling insecure, and I am curious if it is possible that we make more efforts to really show each other how we care. I don't ever want to take advantage of you, nor would I ever want to feel taken advantage of. Is there anything that I can do that could help us become even stronger"
I am available to help you further if you would like additional support. You can just let me know. If you have been satisfied with the answer provided, you can indicate so by accepting the answer or provide a positive rating! Just let me know if you need further support!