TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues

I already typed my question. JA: The Psychologist will know

Customer Question

I already typed my question.
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.
Customer: I want to find a man, but i already have a girlfriend. She is OK with this. Do you have anyone who knows anything about polyamory?
JA: Anything else I can tell the Psychologist before I connect you two?
Customer: Because a monogamous expert will not be of much use to us.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr-A-Green replied 6 months ago.
Hello - I'd be happy to help you figure out how to go about working on this; however, there are a lot of different angles to polyamory and many different configurations. Knowing the basics would help. First, how long have you been with your girlfriend, and has the relationship been exclusive so far? Have you been with men before, or is this just a desire that you'd like to fulfill, but haven't? Knowing the basics of some of your sexual history (and hers) would help to establish a situation that works for everyone.