TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

Me and my ex were dating years, I was pregnant when we met

Customer Question

me and my ex were dating for 3 years, I was pregnant when we met and he became super attached to my daughter. We broke up a few months ago and I've been living with him but I got a offer to move in with a guy that I work with that wants to date me but take things slow. I want to move so my daughter and I can have our own space but I'm worried about my ex because he has been becoming more depressed and I feel like its all my fault for breaking up and getting a roommate that's the opposite sex of me and my daughter
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 8 months ago.

Hi, thanks for sharing what has been going on. I can hear your concern for him but also your need to live your life and move forward with things for yourself. I would speak openly with him about what you want and need for yourself and your child and if you see that he is sad then offer to support him in getting some help for himself so he has a place to speak of his feelings and get the support he needs. I know you have tried talking already, but keep talking until you feel comfortable to make the move that feels best for you and your child.