TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

I've been actively living with my boyfriend 1 yr now and

Customer Question

I've been actively living with my boyfriend for over 1 yr now and last Wednesday after he just returned home from being at work we had a conversation that resulted in me getting up and walking out only to retrieve our laundry I had been doing which I was glad cause I needed a break from the way I could see the conversation was going and while I was gone to get the laundry right when I walk into the house he immediately says he found something and wants to show me what he whom he claims to of found a condom box in my drawer and he doesnt believe i didnt cheat on him or do i know how it got there because ive been a lier up untill we got back together what could i do to save my relationship b4 its already to late
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr-A-Green replied 8 months ago.

Does your boyfriend have a reason to be upset/suspicious? You said that you wanted to just "let him vent" and I'm not sure what that means. If the condoms weren't yours - or were, but there was no illicit purpose for them - then you don't need to sit and take any verbal dishing from him. He has no right to hold anything over your head, unless there is something to be sorry for. So, without knowing that history, it's a little difficult to advise you correctly. Can you give me a bit more information about the situation?