VA-NP, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Nurse Practitioner

Im 26 and my boyfriend is 29 we have been dating two years.

Customer Question

hi im 26 and my boyfriend is 29 we have been dating for about two years. i have three children outside of him and he has a daugther without me but i want a child with him (not right now but in the future) he doesnt want to have a kid with me because when we first started to date only 2 months in the relationship he was trying to get me pregnant i thought it was too early for us to have a child so i took a day after pill got on birth control and he got really upset with me
Category: Relationship
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
now i am confused to if he loves me he says that he is in love with me and his actions show he takes care of my children like they are his own and me but he made it clear that he doesnt want to have a baby with me. is he really in love with me and why doesnt he want to have a baby with someone that he is in love with. it makes me think he doesnt love i dont understand
Expert:  VA-NP replied 6 months ago.

I don't really believe that not wanting to bring another child into the world speaks about whether he loves you or not. The two of you have four children between you already. It takes a LOT of money to raise a child today, not to mention the strain on the parents and the children you already have. He may just be thinking about that. Four children may be all that he feels he can rear successfully. That shows a great level of maturity and love for you all.

Remember also that there are many couples who marry never intending to have children at all. That doesn't mean that they don't love one another.

Best regards,