CounselorJules
CounselorJules, Counselor
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor
92608932

Found out my husband had a prescription I refill love Cialis

Customer Question

Found out my husband had a prescription I refill love Cialis when I confronted him with it he got very angry walked out then he told me he was selling them I don't know if he's cheating because he works six to seven days a week he's home at night I'm just confused but when I bring up the Cialis he does get upset
Category: Relationship
Expert:  CounselorJules replied 8 months ago.

Good morning. I am hopeful that I can help you today. Tell me a little bit more about your question. I want to make sure that I understand what you are asking. Your biggest concern is that he may be cheating on you, but you don't understand what he is doing with the Cialis prescription? Are you feeling that he is hiding things from you?

One thing I also thought of was that talking about any kind of erectile dysfunction would be painful and even embarrassing. Maybe if he is taking the pills, he is simply embarrassed to talk about the subject with you. Maybe he is defensive because he is not sure how to respond. I have had other questions about this topic in the past and it has seemed that this topic is a bit difficult for couples.

Erectile dysfunction, or the inability to obtain or maintain an erection, is not difficult for just the man. Women can have a very difficult time coping with this condition as well. Feeling frustrated, angry, sad, confused, resentful and even unattractive are all common emotions a woman may experience if her husband suffers from erectile dysfunction. Although handling your husband's erectile dysfunction is difficult, there are things that can be done to make it easier.

I am providing information related to the entire topic of ED. and hopefully provide perspective on your husband's actions....

He may have hidden his choice because of his own vulnerability. He is probably embarrassed, frustrated and anxious. Try not to take the situation personally. Making snide comments or showing your frustration or annoyance will most likely only exacerbate the problem.

Communicate. Although it's important to keep his feelings in mind, you should be open and honest about your own feelings about the situation. Avoid being judgmental or condescending when talking to him about the problem, but suppressing your own feelings about the situation may only build your own resentment or anger.

Continue connecting with him to empower him. Increase intimacy in other ways....

Find non-sexual ways to connect. In today's busy world, couples can lose sight of why they fell in love in the first place. Reconnecting and strengthening your relationship as a couple will not only help your relationship, but in some cases may help with the erectile dysfunction itself.

Thank him and encourage him in the fact that he sought medication to help his concern. Your encouragement needs to come across as supportive, not condescending or judgmental.

He may have tried the cialis while you were away, to see how he reacts to it, before trying it while you were home. Maybe he is engaging in self-pleasure because it feels "safer" or he feels more in control, but admitting to this could be really difficult for him.

Before you let fear drive your thoughts to far, just talk to him, gently about the situation. Not in an accusatory manner, but with a vulnerable approach.

I just wanted to touch base with you to find out how you were doing. My goal is to provide you with excellent service so I wanted to follow up and make sure that you feel satisfied. We can also continue processing if there is room for more clarity :)