Tarra Bates-Duford
Tarra Bates-Duford,
Experience:  CEO at Family Mattters Counseling Group LLC
91709582

I left m in Nov 2016 and moved to another state. He told me

Customer Question

I left him in Nov 2016 and moved to another state. He told me he did not want me to tell no body that he took 250 thousand dollar of my money. we had to sale the house. he is now in depth. he told me when I left him that he wanted to get back together. however, when we suppose to file income tax he gave me a phoney address cause he did not want me to know he was living with our son. although my son with threw a devoice while I was working in Kuwait. my husband will call me talking about the son was not helping so I would tell him to get extra money out of my account to pay the bill. so when I written the son and told him what happen that is when he block me on facebook and want ans phone call. he brain wash my son.my son is 28 year old and was taken his side until I wrote my son the letter. I been gave up on him however I am just angry about my hard earn money he took from me. now if I go to his supervisor and tell them he will lose his job, however I need the insurance until I get a full time job. do you think iam doing the right thing due to I want the devoice so I can get my Alimony. I stop loving him after I got married and he call me a name and he drunk so heavy I left him when the kid was 7 and 8 years old. after that it was no feeling I stay for the children. but got caught up in I did not care no more just wanted to get myself together but when he spent my money and he making more money than me. that is what I am hurt about not love cause was no love there. Yes, I am black and he is white and he just let himself go I mean belly hanging over his lap. he would not even let me see him undress he would hide. I thought he was gay which I have nothng against gay people.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Tarra Bates-Duford replied 1 year ago.

Often the most effective way to hurt someone is financially, this appears to be a situation when your husband engaged in vengeful behavior (taking your money) because he knew this would hurt you, although he was making more money. It has been my experience working with couples that staying in a marriage for reasons other than love, never works. Keep in mind children learn how to give an accept love by watching those around them, specifically parents. One of the things you want to teach and model to children (even adult children) is happiness and satisfaction with one's life. Resentment and dissatisfaction can be contagious and you do not want your children (grown children as well) to think this is the type of situation that occurs within all families, or this is what "love" looks like. As you no longer love or are attracted to your husband the process of divorce should be easier to navigate.