TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues

Just doing some research on double standard behavior, My

Customer Question

just doing some research on double standard behavior
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.
Customer: My wife slammed the door and called me a bastard and yelled at me because she was mad about me having a stranger in the house while she still had on pajamas neck to ankle covered but personal preference. I responded in kind this was after the ac man stepped outside. She feels that calling her a bitch and saying hurtful things in response at that same moment that she was yelling at me and saying hurtful things was worse and I crossed a line. I can't really wrap my head around this as I feel it is equally bad for spouses to yell curse etc with one another. So just doing some research on it.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: nah
JA: Our top Psychologist is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Psychologist in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Psychologist until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr-A-Green replied 7 months ago.

I agree that this is a double standard. And I further agree that it is equally bad. Name-calling and yelling, in particular, are behaviors that will erode a relationship very quickly. It could also escalate to domestic violence. I would suggest that marriage counseling might be of benefit for you both. Purposely saying hurtful things is a sign of worse things to come, if not handled appropriately.