TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

My first love came back to my life after 5 hard years of

Customer Question

My first love came back to my life after 5 long hard years of recovering and trying to forget him . He contacted me out of the blue and told me he still loves me and wants me back . At that time I was with someone else and told my first love I couldn't . Even though I wanted him back I just couldn't hurt my bf . We wen pit separate ways and my first love is now in a terrible relationship with a girl he was with for two years and I'm single now . I love him so so much even though he has said some mean things to me . I think he is just really mad because I didn't take him back . Should I give up on my first love or should I hurt myself all over again and try to get him back . I know he loves me a little in there somewhere he just doesn't know what he is doing . I don't know what to do I'm getting hurt either way . If I give up on him and if I try and get him back it still hurts what do I do and how do I move on xxxx
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry to hear your pain. I think it has been a matter of timing for both of you and right now it is off again. He knows you are out there and wanting to be with him but he is with someone else now and even if it is a bad relationship, that is where he is right now. If he is ignoring you as you reach out then that indicates that he does not want to come back at this time. He knows you are out there...give it some time and space and let it play out.