TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

I have a guy friend possibly more who I am supposed to get

Customer Question

I have a guy friend possibly more who I am supposed to get together with next week. I have a really full schedule next week. I texted him, called (he didn't pick up) and sent him an email. I know he is around because he is constantly on Facebook. He will not respond to my call, text or email. Should I just write this guy off and not think about it. I plan not to contact him again. It is just rude that he won't respond.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistMaryAnn replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I'd like to help you with your question.

It could be that he is thinking about the situation between you and is not yet ready to respond. While it is easy to interact on Facebook and other social media because it is emotionally distant, being in a relationship is emotionally charged. So he may want time to sort out what he feels before he responds to you.

However, if your friend is not answering your calls or texts and it has been a few days, then it is possible he is not going to respond. Some people deal with relationships by avoidance as a way to say they don't want to be together. They either feel too ashamed to say what they feel directly, or they simply don't care. In that case, you have tried everything to make contact. Now it is up to him. Move on with your life and if he responds, then you can decide how you want to proceed with him depending on what he says to you.

I hope this has helped you,

Kate

May I please request that if you find the service I provided helpful at all that you rate me with three or above? Your rating is the only way I am reimbursed for my answer. Thank you so much!