CounselorJules
CounselorJules, Counselor
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor
92608932

My roommate just called the police, she is accusing me of

Customer Question

My roommate just called the police for me, she is accusing me of harassment, because we argue. So she just moved to this apartment 1 month ago and she is a pick person complain about everything, so she have decided live but it looks like she regret herself. Since I brought other people here to see the room she became upset and pick. So I need know what is the procedure to do when the police arrives, and what the risks that I have. My wife was together and saw everything.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  CounselorJules replied 10 months ago.

My encourage my is for you to do your best to demonstrate self control and speak honestly with the officers. The calmer you are, the better. You have rights and are innocent until proven guilty. You have a witness that will support you if you haven't done anything illegal in offering others to view the apartment. I am not sure the terms of the lease and so forth, but in dealing with the police, remain calm and respectful. If charges, worst case scenario, are brought, use an attorney and they will be able to provide you with your legal options.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** came and they saw that she was very pick person, we tried an agreement so the police said once she is not on lease and she didnt explit the rent with us if she should live and we will return some money from 15 days rent paid. So I jus did the money and I am far from my house until my wife tells me that she left.Thanks

Oh good! I am glad that you were able to work something out. I think you are smart in keeping the distance in order to avoid further confrontation and conflict.

Thank you for getting back with me. I was curious as to what happened. I wish you the best in finding a good fit as a tenant or roommate!

I hope you will accept my previous answer and provide a positive rating! Best wishes!!

I hope that you have been able to move forward with your roommate situation with a sense of peace. I am glad that you were able to work it out with support of your spouse and understanding the legal perspective as provided by the law enforcement officers.

Best wishes in finding a good fit!

Julie