CounselorJules
CounselorJules, Counselor
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor
92608932

I acted irrational and over reacted to mixed messages he

Customer Question

I acted irrational and over reacted to mixed messages he sent. I pushed him further away by losing my cool and being nasty. I impulsively wanted him to hurt like I was. He won't talk to me now. I know deep down we weren't supposed to end on this note. I know we had a strong connection and respect for eachother. He blocked me on social media and won't answer calls or texts. My belongings are still at his house. How do I get another chance
Category: Relationship
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I should add that he blocked me in response to my own advising he do so amidst my irrational reaction. I didn't actually want that. I don't know how to make it right but can't stand the thought of ending what was such a beautiful thing on such an ugly note/
Expert:  CounselorJules replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for reaching out with such a delicate situation. It is definitely difficult to make a rational decision at times when we are in the midst of such emotional turmoil. My suggestion would be to allow some dust to settle. I encourage you to focus on whether or not this type of behavior is a pattern for you and look for ways that you can support yourself in breaking those. We often engage in either fight or flight. In relationships there is often a pursuer or an avoider. You may be the pursuer here, but the thing you have to do is respect his wishes to keep a boundary, especially if there is any chance of reconciliation. If you press the issue, you may cause further resentment. Focus on how you can change your behaviors and demonstrate that ownership in your actions. I hope that this has been helpful.

I hope you found this information helpful. Please take the time to accept and review the answer. Best Wishes!! Julie