TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

I can't gague whether this girl is no longer interested in

Customer Question

I can't gague whether this girl is no longer interested in me after this weekend. We had a date, and had spent the night together Wednesday...so we were going to grab dinner before going out with other mutual friends. It takes me 30 minutes to go in to the city where she is, and before I left she said she was gonna push the time back because she had a busy day and needs to deal with a few errands. I was totally cool with that, but I assumed we were still getting together so I left a half hour later. Got to the train, got on and she called me to cancel like 2 stops away from her apartment, and I was kinda frustrated & hung up on her. She sent an ambivalent text about going to the friends thing, but I told her I already made it home and didn't want to go back in. She then texted me if I was mad at her and I said no just frustrated...and then she got mad at me for making her feel like a "dick." I guess I'm just wondering if this is a nail in the coffin, THE nail in the coffin, or just a nail & hammer right outside the coffin not yet installed (so to speak) - basically does this mean I have no shot with her now? And if I do have a shot how should I proceed?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I think this is a little bump and all relationships will have them. It doesn't have to be the nail in the coffin if you work on repairing it and not letting it snowball...you can do that by reaching back out to her and letting her know you have had some time to think and don't want a little misunderstanding and confusion get in the way of building something nice. Let her know you would like to put it behind you and move forward and be open with each other when things come up. This way it doesn't have to snowball into something larger. Nip it before the nail goes in further.

Let me know your thoughts.