TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

To sum it up my ex boyfriend has blocked my number two days

Customer Question

hi, to sum it up my ex boyfriend has blocked my number two days ago. We were working on getting back together, everything was great and fine and then he went away to college but the plan was still the same, we were together with no boyfriend/girlfriend label but were not seeing other people. this upset me because i wanted to be with him more seriously, we got into an argument about it the first day he got to school and the next few days he would ignore me for hours but post things online for me to see and the first night this happened i freaked out and let my emotions get the best of me i would bombard him with paragraph after paragraph receiving no answer, the next day we talked it through he said he still wanted to be with me and everything but basically that i was annoying him, this went on for a few days and then finally i said something again and everything went back to normal we were perfectly fine and talking normal flirting, then all of a sudden he got mad at me for something stupid and blocked my number, i reached out to him on another social media outlet and he basically told me that i never listened before, so maybe now ill learn, i continued to reach out with no response and then he would post things to intentionally upset me so i had to delete him off certain social media outlets for my own sanity. i sent a long message on Facebook saying in nice terms like i don't understand why i was being treated the way i was and trying to end things on good terms but then he never opened it but was online and after thinking i was annoyed and sent another message but this one wasn't so nice. it basically said to never contact me again. he still hasn't read it and that was from yesterday. i don't know what to do, i still want to be with him i just want things to change and be treated properly. weve been on and off for 2 years now, I'm just not sure what to do as i don't have many options because he blocked me and I'm afraid ill never talk to him again which is the last thing i want.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to hear of all the pain and chaos going on. It sounds like your emotions are running high and your fear is getting the best of you. He isn't responding and you are reaching out a lot and it is possibly pushing him away. The more you write, the more he is feeling annoyed. I know how hard this is, but the best thing that you can do right now is not reach out to him. Give some time and space and let him miss you and wonder how you are. I know you worry that if you stop reaching out, then he will forget you and move on, but right now all of the reaching out is having him move further away from you. Take a breather and focus on you and get out in the world and do the things you love and direct all of your energy toward the things you like. Let this play out and give some space.

Let me know your thoughts.

Please take a moment to click on the rating tab to rate my support. I can only be credited for my time with a rating. I am here if you need more support. Thanks so much for understanding.

Jen