Alicia_MSW
Alicia_MSW, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Specializing in relationship/family counseling
65143460

OK I need to know if my girlfriend is still interested in

Customer Question

OK I need to know if my girlfriend is still interested in me. We're going on two months of being together but it's not the same as she used to be. Like she don't call me babe anymore and pretty much I'm starting to feel as she is making me like just a friend and not her boyfriend. And I know it's only been two months but we started off really good. And I'm more of a emotional guy since I grew up in a family with nothing but love. And her on the other hand they grew up with tough love. So we're a bit different their. I've been trying to see her but she's been giving me excuses. She has a son and I have met him only once and he is a pretty good kid. We used to go out a lot and suddenly everything just went dry in the last couple of weeks. I have told her that if she's OK and I told her that she has changed a bit and she says she's fine and nothing is wrong. I think it's bs and she has something on her mind but she doesn't want to tell me. I know it's only been a few months but it's killing me inside to know what her intentions are with me.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Alicia_MSW replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Alicia. Thanks for your question, I'm happy to help you today. It does sound like something has changed with your girlfriend, but because I don't know her, it's hard for me to say what exactly is going on. I think that you are on the right track with taking into consideration the differences you've had in upbringing and the fact that she might not be comfortable with external displays of emotion. That being said, if she wasn't interested in you, I can't see why she would still stay with you. It sounds to me like she might have a lot on her plate at the moment and she may just be distracted -- perhaps that is why she is giving you excuses. Or there's something else going on that she doesn't feel comfortable sharing with you, or she doesn't know how to talk about it. Since we are just hypothesizing here and she's the only one who can really say what is going on, I would advise just being direct and honest with her about your feelings. Let her know that you are concerned (I know you said you already asked if she is OK, but I mean making this more of a formal type of conversation with her) and that you have been feeling like she's changed toward you, even though she says she's OK and that nothing is wrong. Let her know that you are there for her even if there is something that she doesn't want to talk about yet, and let her know that you will be there for her when and if she's ready. This could just be a phase and she might have some things to work out on her own, so if she still says nothing is wrong, I would just let it lie and see how things progress from there. I hope it works out and I wish you all the best.