TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

I am 46 and the man I'm seeing is 34. We have been seeing

Customer Question

I am 46 and the man I'm seeing is 34. We have been seeing one another for 4 months. Recently he hasn't been texting as often. doesn't spend his free time with me. He is distant. He has been sick for a few days and I asked him to call when he was feeling better. He agreed to call but of course he hasn't. Do I just wait for him to call? I don't understand...
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Tarra Bates-Duford replied 10 months ago.

I agree, you should not reach out anymore than you already have. You have already made your concerns for this man very clear. As you mentioned in your message he has not been texting and or communicating with you as he had previously done with you in the past. He appears to be exhibiting distancing behavior, as he agreed to contact you when he was feeling better but failed to do so. It appears that he may be distancing himself from the relationship entirely as his behavior (inconsistent and distancing) started before he became ill. You have already contacted him, in an effort to know with some degree of certainty where he stands in this relationship allow him to reach out to you if he is interested in maintaining the relationship.