Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
23511658

I have beeb married iears and recently found my husband has

Customer Question

I have beeb married for 37 iears and recently found my husband has been in a 12 tear affair we have not had problem I don't guess. I have never been so hurt. I am very unhappy and think of a divorce more that repairing it He says irs over but there signs that it isn't Do I Just leave I am 67 and he is 69 What I do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

Being devastated is understandable. But after 12 years, why the sudden change with respect to the marriage? If you haven't noticed a problem, maybe there isn't one? I would slow down on the divorce. This is a big violation of trust, but 37 years of sharing your live with someone makes you far more important to him than 12 years of shacking up with him once in a while. If she meant that much to him, you would be divorced already. I would encourage you to work it out. Go to couples therapy if necessary.