TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

While on my first date with someone new my ex started

Customer Question

While on my first date with someone new my ex started calling and texting. My date said it was no big deal but I have not heard from her in 72 hours.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike, You have done all the right things after the date. But, she might have been scared off with all the texts and calls from your ex during the date. Texting while on the date with her might have given her the impression that you weren't interested and that you are still connected with the ex. I would wait a day or so and then leave the new girl another message apologizing for that intrusion and that you are not with the ex nor have a desire to be and that you would like to take her out again. Then she knows the deal again and can reach out if she wants to. If not, then we move on. Keep the texting out of any date with any new person.

Mike, let me know how else I can support you. If all good for now, please take a moment to click on the rating tab to rate my support. Thanks in advance.