TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

My boyfriend changed s FB status to single when we got into

Customer Question

My boyfriend changed his FB status to single when we got into a fight a long time ago. (6 mos) He says he can't remember the security question to change it back and he never on it anyway. He's always on it, he's got over 100 girls on there n alot of them r from porn or sex for cheating spouces websites. I'm tired of being lied too, and tired of his total disreguard for my feelings. What should I do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.

It seems pretty clear that he is sending the message that he will do things his way without regard to your feelings and then lies about it. So, the question becomes...do you want to put up with this and is this the man you can be with? He doesn't sound to me like he has any intention of doing things differently so it seems like you deserve more.

He seems like he wants to be single so he can be available to others and not just you. What do you want for yourself around this?

I don't hear an honest or faithful man. I know you care and love him, but mutuality and respect in a relationship is a must and I don't hear that.

Let me know how else I can support you.

Please leave a rating here of my support. I see you opened a new question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm wondering if it would be OK for me to do the same stuff he's doing. Is it wrong for me to want him to feel the same pain and discomfort he has made me feel? To disrespect him like he has me? I haven't been with anyone but him in the last 10 years.never once has he been dissed by me. I treated him like a king but the less he showed me the less I took care of him. Got tired of kissing his @#$ for nothing. U no?

I would not suggest that because it hurts you, plays a game and then you are no different than him. I would carry yourself with self respect and take a stand with him by telling him how you feel, what you want with him and if he can come to the relationship with hinesty you are happy to continue.