JohnMichaels,MS,LPC
JohnMichaels,MS,LPC, Counselor (LPC)
Experience:  25+ years helping resolve relational issues.
68372260

I signed up online dating website and then cancelled it

Customer Question

Customer: I signed up for a online dating website and then cancelled it immediately, but I have a girlfriend. I loved her, but I was just feeling weak at the time but now she found out
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I signed for three online dating websites, but I have a girlfriend. I cancelled them immediately.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Relationship Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: okay
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  JohnMichaels,MS,LPC replied 11 months ago.

Hello! So sorry to hear you're in this predicament. I am assuming this is caused some difficulty between you and your girlfriend and you're wanting to know how to fix it. There are no guarantees, this is what I would try:

1. Accept full responsibility. I honestly figure there is a reason you were looking elsewhere for a relationship . You can deal with that later though. Right now you need to fix what you've broken. Regardless of the circumstances, you made the choice to look elsewhere.
  2. Acknowledge the pain you have caused your girlfriend. Do not try to play it down. You broke her trust, made her feel cheap and unwanted, and been totally selfish.
  3. Acquire her trust. Understand, it is a lot easier to lose somebody stress than it is to regain it. This is going to take time and effort on your part.
  • First of all, be patient. Do not rush her.
  • Secondly, remain available to her, but do not crowd her.
  • Then, offer sincere peace offerings. Don't overdo it, but do some of those small things you know she's always wanted you to do. Show her you have legitimately change.
  • Last of all ( or maybe first of all ), offer her accountability. Let her have access to your Internet usage. Show her you have nothing to hide.

4. Accept your response. You will do better not trying to push an agenda. You made the mistake. You except the results. Hopefully, this will pay off.

Does all this make sense to you? Let me know if you have any further questions. I really do want to be a help.