TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

My husband is constantly having dreams of sex with other

Customer Question

Customer: My husband is constantly having dreams of sex with other women. Some we know, some are exes and some are very young girls. This is at least once a week and he has emissions as well. I get woke up to him acting it out. We have an active sex life and I have to initiate for the most part and I usually get the excuse he is to tired yet that night he may have one of these dreams. I keep myself healthy and attractive and am currently working on being a fitness model. I take care of the house and make diner nightly. This is really hurting me and I don't know what to do any more.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: This started when we got married a year and a half ago and is getting more and more frequent
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dream Interpretation Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.

This is not uncommon...as we sleep our minds are active and often with sexual feelings and also desires. This in no way means anything less about you or that he is not attracted to you. I understand you initiate intimacy most of the time, but you also mention you have an active sex life, so although I can hear you taking it all personally, I am hoping you can feel calmer and know that this is normal and not a slight to you. If it interfered with your intimacy then I would suggest getting into some counseling, but unless I am mistakes, other than you initiating, I don't hear that it has been detrimental to the relationship. Yes, I hear that you are hurt by it, but it is normal for this to happen.

I haven't heard back from you, so if you are all good for now, please take a moment to click on the rating tab to rate my support. I am here if you need me again in the future. Thanks in advance for the positive rating.