Alicia_MSW
Alicia_MSW, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Specializing in relationship/family counseling
65143460

How should I handle this, at a concert my girlfriend and I

Customer Question

How should I handle this , at a concert my girlfriend and I attended , everyone was grooving to the music then right in front of me she starts moving in unison with a guy next to her , their eyes meeting as well. no problems prior to this , i took this as a disrespectful act , what do i do ?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Alicia_MSW replied 12 months ago.

Hello, I'm Alicia. Thanks for your question, I'm happy to help you today. I can see why you would be upset about this, and especially because she first acted like she didn't know what you were talking about but then admitted it later on. However, if everything else in your relationship is going well and this is the only real issue that you have at the moment, then I would probably advise you to let her know that you feel disrespected by her actions and to let her know what it is you are looking for (i.e. do you want an apology? do you want to know if she's interested in other people? in other words, let her know what action can she take to make this "right" with you, if there is anything that would help you to resolve this issue with her). Depending on her reaction, I would probably then suggest letting this one slide, unless this is the kind of thing that happens a lot with her. If that's the case, then you can always re-evaluate your relationship, but for now, I would suggest keeping a cool head and giving her one more chance to explain and to make things right. Take it one step at a time. If she can't do what you are asking or if you still feel unresolved, give it a few days and take some space so that you can then decide how to proceed. Best wishes.