Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.
13551071

How can I tell if this man likes me or not? He works at a

Customer Question

How can I tell if this man likes me or not?
He works at a supermarket and anytime I walk near to where he's working he will just directly look at me. Another thing is when I was in the self serve till he came straight over and was getting or fixing something not he till I was on then stood behind me and started humming. I was the only customer there at this time.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.

Does this happen regularly or was it a one time thing? Are you interested in this person?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he will often just turn and look directly at me. yes I like him.
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 12 months ago.

If you notice him looking at you often then I do think he is interested and at the very least finds you attractive. He would not make it a point to do this if he did not. He even came next to you in the aisle purposefully. I do think he notices you. What he wants moving forward I can not say, but since you are interested as well I would may be purposefully go on his line, ask him for help, or etc.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
It's the selve serve check out he helps at. I get so shy I can't even look at him and He did look right in my eyes when helping me at the till one time ages ago but I just stared ahead. I really want him to ask me out. Any other things he may do that might give it away he likes me?
Thanks

He may be shy as well. I think as you see him more and make yourself approachable it will be easier for him if he were to ask you out or start up conversation. If he is looking at you often and you notice him going near you these are all signs. However, over time you should see this increase and he should be starting up a conversation with you unless he happens to be extremely shy, which you may be able to notice by his actions if he truly is.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
When he talks with me as in helping me as a customer he sounds confident and has a lovely personality. It's been about a year or more since I first saw him working in this shop. Any advice on what I can do that won't give away Imlike him but enough to get him to approach me?
Thanks

You can ask him for help, give him a smile. Try to start small talk and say something like "how are you doing...I always seem to see you when I come here " You can ask his opinion on a product and ask if he has ever tried it. Little things will break the ice and then you can see where it goes from there.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Just one last thing. When I was at the selve serve till he stood sideways directly behind me quite close to me and as soon as The till said wait for assistance he immediately came to help. Is this a sign or just a sign he's a good worker?
Thanks