Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
14666028

My girlfriend and I have been together years.Things have

Customer Question

My girlfriend and I have been together for two years.Things have been slowly dieing off she doesn't seem interested in me anymore.She never wants me to touch,kiss or hug her and I honestly can't remember the last time she came to me for affection.We have only made love 2 times in the past 9 months both of which she was drunk.I have told her these things mean a lot to me and it doesn't seem to change.I don't think she is cheating and we have had a lot of good memories and still talk about getting married and having a life together I just can't seem to get her to meet me in the middle.It is truly breaking my heart I'm a depressed wreck most of the time because of it.I have even contemplated suicide but always change my mind because of my kids and family.I just feel hopeless I really love this woman and she has my heart in the palm of her hands I love her kids too.I don't want to give up but sometimes it seems like she did a long time ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hi. This is something many encounter. We live in a time where everything is easy and where women and men barely need each other. Their is no need for a formal alliance anymore and the affection link that is maintained to keep the alliance alive is also no longer needed. So to have love, you need danger in adventure, risk and reward potential. Unless you propose her something special, something that can bring the explorer spark into a child eye.

She may also have sinked into the consumerism abyss where routine of working and eating while watching TV untill you go to sleep eventually drain out all your energy and dreams. Confront her on her own dreams and project and make he understand that you could be an enabler of those.

If nothing work, try to live with another women. You have the right to happyness like everybody else. Be happy and you will bring everyone to you, be hunhappy and everybody will want to evade you. Happiness is a state of mind. Don't get depressed by one thing you can't have, be happy by the infinite possibilities that are at your fingertips every second of your life.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks.
Expert:  Martin replied 12 months ago.

While looking for my rating (i saw you did not rate me yet)i was thinking again to your problem again. If you have a moderate financial reserve, you can consider a trip with her. The trip need to be in a region out of your confort zone, that mean not into a resort. Ideally in a remote area, like Lapland or Mongolia where you will need to bond with the familly that receive you and by the same effect you will bond more with your wife and her to you by pure necessity. Hopefully that bond will stay there once you get back home and should stay as long as you maintain a survival need for each other and not just a companionship.