TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

I have known this guy from gh school. We spoke few times, he

Customer Question

Hey, I have known this guy from high school. We spoke few times, he teased me a lot and always said hi first when I saw him in town. I havent seen him for a couple of years, but he was my big crush, so I sent him a message on fb, he replied, we talked for a while, but nothing happened. He had a girl at that time. Now I sent him a message again and he replied and asked me what´s new in my life... He always put smileys in texts... What´s your opinion on this?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.

He hasn't reached out to ask you out, so maybe you can put some thoughts out to him and ask if he has any desire to get together for a drink or dinner. If you can be direct and feel comfortable with whatever the outcome, then what's the harm in putting it out to him. Even if he says he is not interested you are nowhere different than where you are now, except you know you can move on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am afraid that he is still with his girlfriend so that he would not accept my invitation. Maybe I should try to talk more via messages with him first? I was a childood friend with one of his family members to whom I told I liked him back in the days...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But are these "signs" something good?

Well, if you know he is with his girlfriend still, then I would assume his responses and smiley faces are more about friendship than anything else. If he is not with her, then maybe they could mean he has an interest.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A while ago our connection, that family member told me he has a girlfriend, we are both in our mid 20s. I am too scared to say something to him because of that...

Does his FB page indicate by photos or anything else that he is still with her? You can always send him a note that simply says, would love to get together, but if you have a girlfriend, I understand and am happy to be friends.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is good advice, I actually don´t know why I still feel some connection with him? He mainly talks to his friends on fb, but he has a couple of pics with girls on them... It doesn't stand that he is in relationship, but on the other hand, his education is also not mentioned

So check it out a bit further and then put it out there. You live once, so why not! Best of luck with it. Please take a moment to click on the rating tab to rate my support. Thanks so much in advance.

Please take a moment to rate my support. I am not credited without a positive rating. Thanks and be well.