Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  I have a doctoral degree in psychology and have a history of providing couple's and family therapy.
74815544

I am a 45 year old married man and want to bring some spice

Customer Question

I am a 45 year old married man and want to bring some spice to our sex life. I have been thinking of trying to have a mfm threesome with my wife. Our sex life has slowed and want to jumpstart it again
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. So you have these fantasies of threesomes and foursomes, but has your wife expressed any indication of a similar fantasy? Also does your wife agree that your sex life needs to be "spiced up?"

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have hit a slowdown, and she has mentioned other men before along with other fantasies. I think it is time to try something new and am looking for advice on how to start
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your response. Well the most important thing here is that you do not want to over think it. I would recommend discussing with your wife about fantasies that you both have and that you would like her input on if you both should start to employ these fantasies in your sex life to experiment and "spice" things up. At this point you can discuss threesomes and foursomes, as well as other fantasies, to help gauge her level of interest in them and to see if she would truly follow through with these fantasies as you want to. Then at this point you want to start with ground rules for the fantasies and if you want another partner to be someone you both know or a stranger/acquaintance. This is a typical way to start the conversation about fantasies and to help see if her level of interest is on par with yours.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You, ***** ***** ask again if there is anything else I can think of
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome, I wish you and your wife all the best :)

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.