Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  I have a doctoral degree in psychology and have a history of providing couple's and family therapy.
74815544

I've been seeing a misician (played drums Hendricks) that

Customer Question

I've been seeing a misician (played drums for Jimmy Hendricks) that plays at th same hotel, where I'm the lead Concierge. It's been more than 1.5 years and we laugh and have so much in common. Great conversations, because I went to Julliard.
However, never spends the night and never invited me to his home.
Then last week we had a misunderstanding and he said, "I'm not a boy friend/girl friend" kinda guy and he was not "in love."
After talking, texting and seeing each almost every...he has disappeared.
Of course, I've kept my distance and not returned his calls. Now he's just gone!
I'm a 70 year old women that looks 45. He's 69 and looks 55-60.
I need to know what happened, besides he's with someone else.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. It unfortunately sounds like this man may have only wanted a Friends with Benefits situation with you as he appears unwilling to make a full commitment in terms of a relationship wit you at this time. His behavior before this misunderstanding and afterwards suggests that he did not have any deep-seeded feelings for you and that this may have only been a superficial relationship for him. I am not sure what the misunderstanding was about, but it is likely that he was upset/shocked that you thought this was a relationship and that is why he acted so defensively and pushed you away like he did. This is most likely what occurred given what you described.