Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  I have a doctoral degree in psychology and have a history of providing couple's and family therapy.
74815544

I am in a relaion with a guy who works in my team. I was

Customer Question

Hi I am in a relaion with a guy who works in my team . I was already dating someone when I met him . We went to party and due to excessive drinks we makes out . After a month he told me he likes me . Initially things were okay but now he doesnt treat me like a girl friend but he treats like friend with benifits . I also have a doubt that he is dating someone else . He not ready for commitment . He ignores me when he feels like then he shows of love . I am so confused I dont know what should I do . Please help .
Category: Relationship
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello, I am sorry that you are having this issue with your partner. May I ask, have you tried to tell him how you have been feeling about the inconsistency of how he treats you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I try to but he does not give me that right & space in his life . He dhiws ne di much attitude , ignores me and also if I adk any question he just say you are jealous and now he dont even call me or text me 😔😔
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Well obviously he is not treating you with the respect that you deserve and you should consider ending this relationship. You do not want to be in a relationship like this or make him think that it is okay to treat you in this manner. It does not matter why he treats you this way, all that matters is the fact that he is treating you this way and it is not acceptable. So I would highly recommend that you consider moving forward away from this man as you should not be feeling this hurt in any relationship

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But problem us I am not able to get over him . I continously think about him . Crave about him . I feel helpless .
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

It will take time, but you can get over this man. You need to focus on you and try to distract yourself with pleasurable activities and friends/family. Right now though you cannot change this man if he is the one making the choice to treat you so poorly. Just like you are the only one in control of your actions, he is the only one in control of his actions and that is why only he can choose to treat you correctly. Since he cannot do that, you have to let this man go and live your life without him and the pain he brings.