TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

My wife wants a divorce to start fresh. I know she is going

Customer Question

My wife wants a divorce to start fresh. I know she is going through a mid life crisis. she will not take anything less than getting a divorce. What can I do to help her through this?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question and I would like to help. Can you please tell me a little about why she wants a divorce and how long that has been going on? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She says it was my porn viewing and the lack of intimacy their after she started saying it was the last few years as I also had emotional issues as I was always grumpy. Then she went back 15, 18 and 20 years and said it started then, now she says it was 27 years ago when she had a one night a fair and I went a little crazy and was putting a unloaded Gun to me and her. She says she does not want anyone just wants to be on her own, she does not want to take care of anyone. I have gotten help for myself and am doing all I can to show I still love her. The more I try the more she pushes away. I believe she is in midlife crisis. But I am not an expert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She says she cares for me and don't want to hurt me. But she is not in love with me anymore. She actually tried to set me up with her cusin, a co worker and another friend so I am not alone and I can be happy.